The Council of Supply Chain Management is the preeminent professional association of logistics personnel.
The mission of the Council of Supply Chain Management is to serve the evolving logistics profession by developing, advancing, and disseminating logistics knowledge.
The Council of Supply Chain Management is a not-for-profit professional organization which:
- provides leadership in developing, defining, understanding, and enhancing the logistics process on a worldwide basis
- provides forums for the timely exchange of concepts and best practices among logistics professionals
- provides research that advances knowledge and leads to enhanced customer value and logistics performance within the supply chain
- provides education and career development programs that enhance career opportunities in logistics management
- promotes involvement of individuals with the broadest possible backgrounds in its programs and activities, thereby assuring that the organization benefits from and develops the diversity of its members